Burr & Cole has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer / Project Manager to join our team.
Burr & Cole is a 45 year old structural and civil consulting engineering firm located in Memphis, Tennessee. We specialize in large complex structural and civil design projects and in construction administration. Our clients come from commercial, educational, governmental, healthcare, industrial, municipal and ecclesiastical disciplines. Recent designs have included new construction and renovations of athletic facilities, bridges, churches, colleges, condominiums, hospitals, multi-story office buildings, parking garages and schools. We often perform seismic assessments of existing structures. Most of our projects are in the Seismic Design Category D.
Burr & Cole is the best of a small office with a supportive and nurturing work environment with large company amenities and resources. In 2017, we were awarded the “TSPE Outstanding Employer of the Year Award” by the TN Society of Professional Engineers Memphis Chapter.
Each of our partners has a minimum of 20 years of experience. The small size of our firm allows all positions to be involved in every stage of a project from the beginning of the design process through Construction Administration. A position with our firm offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Building design utilizing IBC, ASCE 7, ACI 318, ACI 530, AISC
- Seismic evaluations and reports applying the principles of ASCE 41
- Bridge design utilizing AASHTO
- Construction administration
- Utilization of Revit, AutoCAD, RAM Structural Systems, and RISA
- Prepare client deliverables including construction documents and specifications, calculation packages, cost estimates and field reports
- Interact with other professionals, clients, contractors, building officials and the general public
- Coordinate elements of projects for senior staff
- Managing projects to meet schedule and budget requirements
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Master’s degree with a focus on structural engineering preferred
- Licensed engineer or ability to obtain license within one year preferred
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is preferred
- A broad knowledge base in structural engineering
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills
In addition to providing challenging assignments and competitive salaries, we offer excellent benefits, including company paid medical, dental and vision insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, a 401k plan and annual bonus opportunities.
Send resumes to:
Burr & Cole Consulting Engineers, Inc.
3485 Poplar Ave, Suite 200
Memphis, TN 38111