Burr & Cole has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join our team.
Burr & Cole is a 45 year old civil and structural consulting engineering firm located in Memphis, Tennessee. We specialize in large complex civil and structural design projects and in construction administration. Our clients come from commercial, educational, governmental, healthcare, industrial, municipal and ecclesiastical disciplines.
Burr & Cole is the best of a small office with a supportive and nurturing work environment with large company amenities and resources. In 2017, we were awarded the “TSPE Outstanding Employer of the Year Award” by the TN Society of Professional Engineers Memphis Chapter.
Each of our partners has a minimum of 20 years of experience. The small size of our firm allows all positions to be involved in every stage of a project from the beginning of the design process through Construction Administration. A position with our firm offers an excellent opportunity for professional growth.
- Site development
- Infrastructure design
- Development of SWPPP documents
- Construction administration
- Utilization of AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Prepare client deliverables including construction documents and specifications, calculation packages, cost estimates and field reports
- Coordinate and interact with other professionals, clients, contractors, building officials and the general public
- Obtain entitlements through local municipalities
- Coordinate elements of projects for senior staff
- Managing projects to meet schedule and budget requirements
Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Licensed TN Professional Engineer or ability to obtain license within one year preferred
- Proficiency in AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Proficient in storm drainage design including hydraulics, detention analysis, and water quality
- A broad knowledge base in civil engineering
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills, and project management
In addition to providing challenging assignments and competitive salaries, we offer excellent benefits, including company paid medical, dental and vision insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, a 401k plan and annual bonus opportunities.
Send resumes to:
Burr & Cole Consulting Engineers, Inc.
3485 Poplar Ave, Suite 200
Memphis, TN 38111